As organizations prepare for future growth and expansion amidst mounting cost pressures, it is essential for information technology (IT) to move away from a maintenance dominated position toward innovation, self-sufficiency and greater alignment with business objectives.
IDCIL Optimize IT solution will enable you to make this strategic shift by effectively benchmarking IT investments, reducing operational costs and leveraging value by transforming the IT operating model. We have helped organizations across the globe to make their IT more responsive, efficient and economical, thereby creating a robust technology backbone to support and accelerate business strategy.
CEOs and CFOs continue to be challenged with the following questions:
- What is the strategic value of IT?
- Am I spending too much or too little on IT?
- How can I derive more value from IT for the business?
On the other hand, CIOs are also looking for answers to the following questions:
- How can I demonstrate strategic impact to the business?
- How can I deliver more value to the business?
- How can I deliver better, faster, cheaper?
- How do I improve service levels and operational agility, while reducing costs?
Our Optimize IT framework is designed to take a transformation approach to address these questions for the CXO community. It is a holistic framework that comprises the following:
- A systematic examination of business and IT organizations to identify improvement opportunities
- Solution design incorporating industry best practices, benchmarks and IDCIL experience
- An integrated solutions approach to reduce costs and business risk, while increasing agility, quality and capacity
- A detailed implementation roadmap with program management and benefits realization directives
- A modular, phased approach to meet your specific business needs
Our solution encompasses the following five distinct, yet closely linked elements that impact IT performance and act as levers to deliver significant business benefits:
Demand Optimization: This ensures better control over IT spends and a greater alignment between IT investments and business needs. The key focus areas include the following:
- IT and business strategy alignment and management
- New business-IT alignment governance structures
- Portfolio rationalization
Systems Rationalization: This streamlines the IT footprint and minimizes technology diversity, redundancy and obsolescence. The key focus areas include the following:
- Application and data rationalization and re-engineering
- Infrastructure rationalization, virtualization and cloud computing
- Enterprise architecture implementation
Process Improvement: This improves process capability and facilitates continuous improvement. The key focus areas include the following:
- IT management governance structure
- Processes aligned to the target operating model
- Best practice delivery
- Sourcing strategy
- Resourcing strategy
- Vendor/partner management
- Organization restructuring and rightsizing
- Target operating model implementation
- Leadership and team development
- Transition and change management
- Optimized cost savings, releasing funds for strategic investments
- Improved IT asset productivity
- Enhanced process performance
- Increased business agility
- Enhanced ability to leverage external partnerships
- Improvements sustenance
Sourcing Optimization: This fine tunes the sourcing strategy and optimally leverages external partnerships. The key focus areas include the following:
Workforce Harmonization: This empowers the workforce with an effective competency management framework. The key focus areas include the following:
Our experienced consultants analyze each solution lever carefully to identify optimization opportunities and define a detailed implementation roadmap to ensure significant, measurable benefits.
Our integrated framework addresses optimization opportunities across the entire IT function, defining a robust solution that delivers the following benefits and enables you to build and maintain a substantial competitive advantage: